GOOGLE is rolling out a way for iPhone users to stay watching YouTube while also using other apps. The feature will rely on the ‘picture-in-picture’ abilities of iPhones running iOS 14 or later.
How do you get YouTube to play in the background on iOS 14?
Play YouTube in the background using web browsers on iPhone and iPad
- Open any browser and go to YouTube.com. …
- Play any video and tap the icon for full-screen mode.
- Tap the Picture-in-Picture icon at the top.
- Swipe this PiP window to either side of the screen to minimize it and play the video in the background.
Can I watch YouTube on iPhone while using other apps?
To play YouTube videos in the background on your iPhone, you can use YouTube Premium or Safari. YouTube Premium lets you play videos when the app isn’t open, but it costs $11.99 per month. You can also open YouTube in Safari and use the desktop view mode to play videos in the background.
How do you watch videos on other apps iOS 14?
The feature was added in the latest iPhone software update this fall.
This is all you do:
- Open the app you want to use, such as Netflix.
- Start playing a movie or TV show.
- Swipe up from the bottom screen after it starts playing, as if you’re closing the app.
- The video will start playing in a small window on your screen.
How do I play YouTube while using other apps?
To start PiP playback while a video is playing in the YouTube app, tap the Android home button . The video will shrink into a PiP window. The PiP window can be dragged to different parts of the screen, allowing playback to continue on top of other apps. To resume playback in the YouTube app, double-tap the PiP.
How do I stay on YouTube while on another app?
* Go to settings (the three dots on the top right corner) and tap on the desktop tab. * You’ll be redirected to the desktop site of YouTube. * Play any music video you want to here and it will keep playing in the background while you use other apps or turn off the screen.
Can we minimize YouTube on IOS 14?
Apple has just announced its biggest software update for iPhones–iOS14– and one of the most useful features is picture-in-picture mode. With this you can minimise videos into a small floating window and continue using other apps on your iPhone.
How do you minimize YouTube videos on IOS 14?
Use two fingers and pinch to zoom the window smaller or larger. You can also double-tap to quickly maximize or minimize the window’s size. When you are done, you can tap once on the PIP to bring up controls.