In order to uninstall iOS 14 or iPadOS 14, you’ll have to completely wipe and restore your device. If you’re using a Windows computer, you need to have iTunes installed and updated to the latest version.
Is there a way to uninstall iOS 14?
Uninstall the iOS 14 Public Beta
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap General.
- Tap Profile.
- Select iOS 14 & iPadOS 14 Beta Software Profile.
- Tap Remove Profile.
- Enter your password.
- Confirm by tapping Remove.
- Select Restart.
Can you uninstall an iOS update on iPhone?
1) On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings and tap General. 2) Select iPhone Storage or iPad Storage, depending on your device. 3) Locate and tap the downloaded iOS software update. 4) Select Delete Update and confirm you do want to delete it.
How do I downgrade from iOS 14 to iOS 13?
Tips: Downgrade iOS 14 to 13 by Waiting for a New iOS 13 Version
- From your iPhone or iPad, Navigate Settings > General and tap “Profile”.
- Tap on iOS 14 Beta Software Profile and tap “Remove Profile”.
- Restart your iPhone or iPad and wait for a new iOS 13 updates to arrive.
Can I go back to an older version of iOS?
You can downgrade iOS to any version that Apple continues to sign. Apple typically stops signing previous versions about two weeks after a new release, so your downgrade option will be limited to the previous version only. If you jailbreak your iPhone, you may be able to install an older unsigned version of iOS.
How do I go back to previous iOS update?
Downgrade your iPhone to an earlier version of iOS
- Hold down Shift (PC) or Option (Mac) and click the Restore button.
- Find the IPSW file that you downloaded earlier, select it and click Open.
- Click Restore.
How do I revert back to iOS 14 from 15?
If you’ve got an archived iOS backup, follow these steps:
- In iTunes (or in Finder in Catalina & Big Sur) select Restore from this backup.
- Select the archived backup of iOS 14 you created pre-upgrade, and enter the password if necessary.
How do I uninstall Apple update?
How to remove software update download from iPhone
- Open Settings.
- Tap General.
- Tap iPhone/iPad Storage.
- Under this section, scroll and locate the iOS version and tap it.
- Tap Delete Update.
- Tap Delete Update again to confirm the process.
How do I revert back to iOS 14 without a computer?
You can’t downgrade iOS 14 without computer because you’ll need the PC to connect to iTunes through which Apple will verify if the firmware files inauthentic and signed. Any trick, app, or method promising you can might actually expose your device to risks.
How do I revert to iOS 14?
How to Downgrade from iOS 15 or iPadOS 15
- Launch Finder on your Mac.
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to your Mac using a Lightning cable.
- Put your device into recovery mode. …
- A dialog will pop up asking if you want to restore your device. …
- Wait while the restore process completes.
Can you downgrade to unsigned iOS?
For you to downgrade to an unsigned iOS, you’ll need to download the unsigned iPhone Software (IPSW) file and install it on your device. However, you need to understand that the installation process isn’t direct like the regular system update.