What do I do if my laptop says operating system not found?
How to Fix the ‘Operating System Not Found’ Error
- Restart your computer. …
- Disconnect unnecessary flash drives, eject the disc if there’s one in the disc drive, and remove any floppy disks. …
- Boot into BIOS and make sure the hard drive the operating system is installed on is listed as the first boot device.
How do I fix missing operating system without CD?
5 Solutions That May Help You Get out of Missing Operating System Error
- Solution 1. Check If Hard Drive Is Detected by BIOS.
- Solution 2. Test Hard Disk to See Whether It Failed or Not.
- Solution 3. Set BIOS to Default State.
- Solution 4. Rebuild Master Boot Record.
- Solution 5. Set Correct Partition Active.
How do I fix Windows 10 operating system not found?
Method 1. Fix MBR/DBR/BCD
- Boot up the PC that is having an Operating system not found error and then insert the DVD/USB.
- Then press any key to boot from the external drive.
- When Windows Setup shows up, set keyboard, language, and other required settings, and press Next.
- Then select Repair your PC.
What causes missing operating system error?
This issue may occur if one or more of the following conditions are true: The basic input/output system (BIOS) does not detect the hard disk. The hard disk is damaged. Sector 0 of the physical hard disk drive has an incorrect or malformed master boot record (MBR).