How do I set up a new device on my phone?
Step 2: Set up the new device
- Turn on a new device that isn’t set up yet. Put the device in pairing mode.
- Turn on your phone’s screen.
- On your phone, you’ll get a notification offering to set up the new device.
- Tap the notification.
- Follow the onscreen steps.
How can I switch my Android phone without losing data?
Connect your new Android phone with PC via USB cable; Allow the computer to access new Android phone; Move and copy old Android phone data such as contacts, SMS, photos or videos etc into new phone. Reboot PC and use old Android data on new phone without any problems.
What to do before changing phones?
- Reset your Android device to factory settings. …
- Back up WhatsApp on Google Drive. …
- Take out SIM card and microSD cards from the phone. …
- Log out from all accounts. …
- Back up your important data and files.
What wont Smart Switch transfer?
Smart Switch does not support transferring all data or apps from an old phone. For example, it does not support transferring app data from iPhone to Samsung. Your app data is all your personal information on an app.
Do you need a SIM card in both phones to transfer data?
Use Bluetooth technology to quickly and wirelessly transfer your contact list from one phone to another. Although you don’t have to use a SIM card for the transfer (the data can be stored in the phone’s memory, not on the SIM card), some phones may require a SIM card to be installed to utilize data on the phone.
What should I do when I get a new Android phone?
The First 10 Things to Do With a New Android Phone
- Step 1: Skip the Setup Junk. …
- Step 2: Wipe the Slate Clean. …
- Step 3: Remove the Bloatware. …
- Step 4: Tweak Your Gmail settings. …
- Step 5: Set Photo Backups to Unlimited. …
- Step 6: Check Your Google Play Store Settings. …
- Step 7: Set Up Android Device Manager. …
- Step 8: Get Some Apps.
What is the best way to transfer data from Android to Android?
Using NFC (Near-Field Communication)
NFC is an efficient way to transfer data from Android phone and doesn’t require pairing between phones. In case you want to transfer data between two Android devices that have NFC, make sure both NFC and Android Beam is enabled. Enable NFC and Android Beam.
When you get a new phone does everything Transfer?
Your Android backups won’t work on your new iPhone, and your iCloud or iTunes backups won’t be compatible with your shiny new Android handset. Oh, and you also need to deregister iMessage before you switch from iOS to Android. Are you diving into the three-camera life? Make sure you take everything with you.
Should I activate my new phone before transferring data?
This is mandatory for all phones, but it can be an important step in some cases. Samsung phones, for example, perform a reset when you insert a SIM card. If you transfer your data before you put in your SIM, you could wipe everything you moved over. So, we recommend swapping your SIM card first.