Power the device off, then press and hold the Home key and press and release the Power key (while still holding the Home key). From the Android Recovery screen, press the Search key. Tap to select wipe data/factory reset then select Ok (located in the lower left of the screen).
How do I delete all data from my Android?
Go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. You’ll be asked to confirm, and it may take a few minutes to complete the process. Start by backing up your Android phone, then remove any MicroSD cards and your SIM card.
How do you flush a Samsung phone?
Alternate Button Method
- Ensure the device is powered off. If screen is frozen, remove / reinsert battery .
- Simultaneously press and hold the. power button. + volume up button. …
- From the. Android. system recovery screen, select. wipe data/factory reset. …
- Select. Yes — delete all user data. . …
- Select. reboot system now. .
What happens if you flush your phone?
Flushing your cell phone down the toilet can cause plumbing problems. … Larger models may survive the toilet’s current, but smaller phones typically go down the pipes and can cause serious plumbing problems. If this happens, try plunging and pouring liquid laundry detergent down the drain.
How do I clean my phone before selling it?
How to factory reset your android phone?
- Step 1: Go to the ‘Settings’ of your device.
- Step 2: Search for ‘Reset’ and then click on ‘Factory Data Reset’ from the searched items.
- Step 3: Now, allow reset and let the phone complete the cleaning and wiping process and then restart.
Does resetting an Android phone delete everything?
A factory data reset erases your data from the phone. While data stored in your Google Account can be restored, all apps and their data will be uninstalled. To be ready to restore your data, make sure that it’s in your Google Account.
How do I do a factory reset?
How to perform Factory Reset on Android smartphone?
- 1 Tap Settings
- 2 Tap General Management.
- 3 Tap Reset.
- 4 Tap Factory data reset.
- 5 Tap RESET.
- 6 Tap DELETE ALL. Please be patient as phone resetting takes some time.
- 1 Tap Apps > Settings > Backup and reset.
- 2 Tap Factory data reset > Reset Device > Erase Everything.
Does factory reset remove all data permanently?
Finally, you are ready to perform a factory reset. When you do a factory reset on your Android device, it erases all the data on your device, and returns the phone back to its original out-of-the-box state as it was from the factory.