Launch Files application. Go to Other Locations from the sidebar menu. Click on the hosts listed in the Networks section or enter the IP address with the smb:// protocol prefix of the host and click on the Connect button. Click on the folder that you want to access.
How do I open a network drive in Ubuntu?
Connect to a file server
- In the file manager, click Other Locations in the sidebar.
- In Connect to Server, enter the address of the server, in the form of a URL. Details on supported URLs are listed below. …
- Click Connect. The files on the server will be shown.
Ubuntu has smb installed by default, you can use smb to access the Windows shares.
- File Browser. Open “Computer – File Browser”, Click on “Go” –> “Location…”
- SMB command. Type smb://server/share-folder. For example smb://10.0.0.6/movies.
- Done. You should be able to access the Windows share now. Related Articles.
To get access the shared folder:
In Ubuntu, go to Files -> Other Locations. In the bottom input box, type smb://IP-Address/ and hit enter.
Access a Windows shared folder from Linux, using Nautilus
- Open Nautilus.
- From the File menu, select Connect to Server.
- In the Service type drop-down box, select Windows share.
- In the Server field, enter the name of your computer.
- Click Connect.
Go to the shared folder in Ubuntu. right click inside the empty space of the folder and select “open in terminal”. That´s it.
How do I access Windows files from Ubuntu terminal?
How to Access Ubuntu files (windows subsystem) from windows 10
- Step 1: MyComputer. Go to MyComputer and open the C: Drive where all your Windows plus program files are stored.
- Step 2: Show Hidden files and folders. …
- Step 3: Access the ubuntu subsystem files from windows 10.
Mounting VirtualBox shared folders on Ubuntu Server 16.04 LTS
- Open VirtualBox.
- Right-click your VM, then click Settings.
- Go to Shared Folders section.
- Add a new shared folder.
- On Add Share prompt, select the Folder Path in your host that you want to be accessible inside your VM.
- In the Folder Name field, type shared.
How do you access other locations in Linux?
Open a window, double-click on a folder, and then double-click on a sub-folder. Use the Back button to backtrack. The cd (change directory) command moves you into a different directory.
How do I map a network drive in Ubuntu 20.04 permanently?
open ‘Terminal’ and enter the following commands:
- install cifs utilities. …
- create mount points for windows shares and set permissions. …
- create ‘credentials’ file to hold userid/password and set permissions. …
- enter the following 2 lines. …
- set permissions to hide username and password. …
- retrieve ‘uid’ and ‘gid’ values for next step.