The main configuration details for your Apache server are held in the “/etc/apache2/apache2. conf” file.
Where is Apache config file located Ubuntu?
In Apache on Ubuntu, all the virtual host configuration files are stored under /etc/apache2/sites-available directory.
Where is my Apache config file?
All the configuration files for Apache are located in /etc/httpd/conf and /etc/httpd/conf. d . The data for websites you’ll run with Apache is located in /var/www by default, but you can change that if you want.
How open Apache config file in Ubuntu?
- Before you begin. Use aptitude to install Apache on your server running the Ubuntu operating system. …
- View the configuration file. To view the contents of the Apache configuration file, run the following commands: $ cd /etc/apache2 $ ls. …
- Configuration settings. …
- Enable sites and modules.
Where is conf directory in Linux?
The vast majority of Linux config files can be found in the /etc/ directory or a sub-directory. Most of the time these configuration files will be edited through the command line, so get comfortable with applications like Nano or Vi.
How do I find my Apache path?
The Apache root directory: /usr/local/apache. The Apache config file path from the root directory: conf/httpd. conf.
Where is Apache path on Linux?
The Usual Places
- /etc/httpd/httpd. conf.
- /etc/httpd/conf/httpd. conf.
- /usr/local/apache2/apache2. conf —if you’ve compiled from source, Apache is installed to /usr/local/ or /opt/ , rather than /etc/.
What is Apache config file?
Apache is configured by placing directives in plain text configuration files. The main configuration file is usually called httpd. conf . The location of this file is set at compile-time, but may be overridden with the -f command line flag.
How do I find Apache version Ubuntu?
How to Check the Apache Version
- Open terminal application on your Linux, Windows/WSL or macOS desktop.
- Login to remote server using the ssh command.
- To see Apache version on a Debian/Ubuntu Linux, run: apache2 -v.
- For CentOS/RHEL/Fedora Linux server, type command: httpd -v.
How do I find my Apache IP address Ubuntu?
Ubuntu get ip address command line
- To check for your internal IP address execute the following command: $ ip a. …
- To check for currently used DNS server IP address execute: $ systemd-resolve –status | grep Current.
- To display default gateway IP address run: $ ip r.
How do I find config files in Linux?
Check Linux configuration files for syntax errors
- SSH. You can find the SSH configuration file in /etc/ssh/sshd_config. …
- Apache. The syntax check command checks the default Apache configuration file and any virtual hosts (vhosts) that you have configured on the server. …
How do I open a config file in Ubuntu Terminal?
To edit any config file, simply open the Terminal window by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+T key combinations. Navigate to the directory where the file is placed. Then type nano followed by the filename that you want to edit. Replace /path/to/filename with the actual file path of the configuration file that you want to edit.
How do I find my config file?
Configuration files are normally saved in the Settings folder inside the My DocumentsSource Insight folder.