Like many Linux-based applications, Apache functions through the use of configuration files. They are all located in the /etc/apache2/ directory.
How do I know if Apache is installed on Linux?
How to Check the Apache Version
- Open terminal application on your Linux, Windows/WSL or macOS desktop.
- Login to remote server using the ssh command.
- To see Apache version on a Debian/Ubuntu Linux, run: apache2 -v.
- For CentOS/RHEL/Fedora Linux server, type command: httpd -v.
Is Apache installed on Ubuntu?
Apache is available within Ubuntu’s default software repositories, making it possible to install it using conventional package management tools.
How do I start Apache in Linux?
Debian/Ubuntu Linux Specific Commands to Start/Stop/Restart Apache
- Restart Apache 2 web server, enter: # /etc/init.d/apache2 restart. $ sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart. …
- To stop Apache 2 web server, enter: # /etc/init.d/apache2 stop. …
- To start Apache 2 web server, enter: # /etc/init.d/apache2 start.
Where is the Apache configuration file in Ubuntu?
In Apache on Ubuntu, all the virtual host configuration files are stored under /etc/apache2/sites-available directory.
How do I access Apache config file?
How to Access the Apache Configuration Files on Your web Server
- Log in to your website with the root user via a terminal and navigate to the configuration files in the folder located at /etc/httpd/ by typing cd /etc/httpd/.
- Press the Insert key to begin editing the file.
How do I access Apache server?
To connect to the server and access the default page, launch a browser and enter this URL:
- http://localhost/ Apache should respond with a welcome page and you should see “It Works!”. …
- http://127.0.0.1/ …
How do I find my Apache IP address Ubuntu?
Ubuntu get ip address command line
- To check for your internal IP address execute the following command: $ ip a. …
- To check for currently used DNS server IP address execute: $ systemd-resolve –status | grep Current.
- To display default gateway IP address run: $ ip r.
How do I find my Apache server IP address?
ServerName: Set to your DNS hostname, or IP address (to find out your IP address, run command ” ipconfig “), or your computer name, or “localhost” (localhost is meant for local loop-back testing only, you can also use the localhost’s IP address 127.0. 0.1), followed by the port number chosen above.
How open Apache config file in Ubuntu?
- Before you begin. Use aptitude to install Apache on your server running the Ubuntu operating system. …
- View the configuration file. To view the contents of the Apache configuration file, run the following commands: $ cd /etc/apache2 $ ls. …
- Configuration settings. …
- Enable sites and modules.
How do I install Apache webserver on Linux?
Install Apache server
- Run the following command to install Apache. # apt-get install apache2.
- Run the following command to start the Apache process. # /etc/init.d/apache2 start.
- Verify that the service is running by executing the following command. # /etc/init.d/apache2 status.
- Run the following command to restart Apache.
How do I download Apache on Linux?
How to Install Apache on Ubuntu
- Step 1: Install Apache. To install the Apache package on Ubuntu, use the command: sudo apt-get install apache2. …
- Step 2: Verify Apache Installation. To verify Apache was installed correctly, open a web browser and type in the address bar: http://local.server.ip. …
- Step 3: Configure Your Firewall.