How do I remove Lync from Windows?
On the Lync main window: Click the arrow next to the Options button, then click File > Close.
How do I delete Lync?
How to uninstall Lync from your Mac
- To remove the Lync icon. from your Dock, sign out of Lync.
- Close the Lync sign in page.
- Press Control and click. at the same time. Choose Quit.
- Open Finder > Applications. Scroll to Microsoft Lync. Drag and drop it into the Trash.
How do I Uninstall Skype for Business on Windows 7?
Step 2: Remove Skype for Business from your computer
- Go to Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features > Uninstall or change a program.
- Choose Skype for Business > Uninstall. …
- At the Ready to uninstall? …
- When it’s done uninstalling, choose Close.
Can I delete Lync exe?
Since Lync comes in a non-separable package, you cannot get rid of it either.
How do I stop Lync from running in the background?
To stop Lync from running, you must sign out. You can do so by clicking the icon in the notification area and selecting Sign Out.
How do I unpin Lync from taskbar?
Microsoft Lync – How to hide task bar icon
- Click on the Lync icon to open the Lync client window.
- Click on the cog icon at the top right of the window.
- Tick the ‘Minimize to the notification area instead of the task bar’ option.
- Click ‘OK’ to save the changes.
What is Lync on my computer?
Microsoft Lync is a communication tool that allows users to collaborate in real-time via text chat, audio/video chat, and desktop sharing. Microsoft Lync talks with Exchange 2010 and Unified Messaging and allows users to see when others are available to collaborate.
What is Lync startup?
Microsoft Lync, now known as Skype for Business is a unified communications tool by Microsoft. Lync.exe is the file that runs the program, and does not pose a threat to your PC. Microsoft Lync is enterprise unified communications software that comes with instant messaging, web conferencing and voice over IP (VOIP).
How do I Uninstall Lync 2016?
Open the Control panel and select Programs. Click on Uninstall a program below programs and features.
- After the dialog box open, click Add or Remove programs and select Continue.
- Search for Microsoft Lync and click on the drop down box next to it.
- Change Run from my computer to Not Available and click Continue.
Why can’t I remove Skype from my computer?
Type ‘programs’ in Cortana’s search box and click on the “Add or remove programs” option. Once you open it up, click on Apps & Features and scroll down towards the Skype application. As you see from the screenshot below, both versions appear on my computer. Click on one of them and hit the Uninstall button.
How do I Uninstall Skype for Business manually?
#1. Via Settings.
- Open the Start menu.
- Click Settings.
- Click Apps in Settings.
- Find and select Skype for Business, click the Uninstall button. Click Uninstall again in a pop-up to confirm.
How do I Uninstall Skype for Business without uninstalling Office?
You can’t delete Skype for Business without uninstalling the rest of the Office suite since Skype for Business is integrated with other Office apps. For you need (you don’t want to use Skype for Business), you can stop Skype for Business from starting automatically, then you’ll no longer see the Skype for Business.