How do I unmute the sound in Windows 7?
Move the “Volume” slider up. Make sure that the volume is not muted. If a red symbol is visible, click on the “Volume” button to unmute the speakers.
How do I get my sound back on Windows 7?
Step 6: Restoring the audio driver in Windows 7
- Click Start , All Programs, Recovery Manager, and then click Recovery Manager again.
- Click Hardware Driver Reinstallation.
- On the Hardware Driver Reinstallation welcome screen, click Next.
- Select the audio driver to reinstall, and then click Next.
Why can’t i unmute my computer?
Right click on the speaker icon at the bottom right of your screen, and then hit ‘Open volume mixer’. If there is a little red circle over the speaker icons, click on it to unmute your sound. While you’re doing this, double check that all your cables, plugs, speaker and headphone connections are all firmly in place.
Why is my computer suddenly mute?
The reason there is no sound on your computer could be that it needs a simple restart. Keep trying different audio devices and see which one provides your computer with sound. It may be that Windows 10 is directing audio to the wrong output device.
How do I turn off speaker mute?
Right-click the speaker icon in the system tray. Select either Adjust Audio Properties or Playback devices in the menu. Click in the Device usage drop-down list (bottom of the window) and select Do not use this device (disable) from the list of options. Click OK.
How do I take my laptop off mute?
Click the “Speaker” icon at the lower-right corner of the taskbar next to the “Time” indicator to open the volume control. Click on the “Mute” button in the lower-left corner to turn the sound back on.
How do I fix no sound on Windows 7?
Fix audio or sound problems in Windows 7, 8, & 10
- Apply Updates with Automatic Scan.
- Try Windows Troubleshooter.
- Check the Sound Settings.
- Test your Microphone.
- Check Microphone Privacy.
- Uninstall Sound Driver from Device Manager and Restart (Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver, if not, try the next step)
How do I fix no audio device windows 7?
7 Best Solutions to Fix No Audio Output Device Is Installed Error
- Make Sure All External Conditions OK.
- Run the Playing Audio Troubleshooter.
- Uninstall Audio Drivers.
- Install & Update Outdated Drivers.
- Fix No Sound with Driver Booster.
- Check for Windows updates.
- Re-enable the device.
How do I unmute my microphone on my computer?
If your microphone is muted:
- Open Control Panel.
- Open Sound.
- Click the Recording tab.
- Double-click on the microphone you are using in the list of recording devices:
- Click the Levels tab.
- Click the microphone icon, shown muted below: The icon will change to show as unmuted:
- Click Apply, then OK.
In Windows, click the sound icon (looks like a speaker) in the Windows Notification Area of the Taskbar. In the small window that appears, check the Mute box or click the sound icon below or next to the volume to mute the sound. To un-mute it later, use the same procedure.
How do I unmute my mic?
On iOS and Android mobile devices, you can mute or unmute your microphone even when you are not in Circuit or your device is locked. You need just to tap the microphone icon in the active call notification that is shown in your device’s notification center and lock screen. 174 people found this useful.
Why is my computer audio not working?
Reboot your computer. Verify via the speaker icon in the taskbar that the audio is not muted and is turned up. Ensure that the computer isn’t muted via hardware, such as a dedicated mute button on you laptop or keyboard. Test by playing a song.
Why is my audio muted?
Basic Audio Troubleshooting
Verify that your speakers and headsets are firmly connected to the audio output ports on your computer. If there is a mute button on your keyboard, speakers or headset, press that button to make sure you didn’t inadvertently mute your audio.