In the Group Policy Management Console tree, click Change Control in the forest and domain in which you want to manage GPOs. On the Contents tab, click the Controlled tab to display the controlled GPOs. Right-click the GPO to delete, and then click Delete.
How do I remove a policy from my computer?
Navigate to the “Software” folder and click on the arrow next to the folder to expand the contents. Click on the arrow next to the “Policies” folder. Scroll down to the “Microsoft” folder under “Policies,” click on the folder to highlight the folder and press the “Delete” key on your keyboard.
How do I permanently delete group policy?
Right-click the GPO to destroy, and then click Destroy. Click Yes to confirm that you want to permanently delete the selected GPO and all backups from the archive. When the Progress window indicates that overall progress is complete, click Close. The GPO is removed from the Recycle Bin tab and is permanently deleted.
How do I edit policies in Windows 10?
In the console tree, click Computer Configuration, click Windows Settings, and then click Security Settings. Do one of the following: Click Account Policies to edit the Password Policy or Account Lockout Policy. Click Local Policies to edit an Audit Policy, a User Rights Assignment, or Security Options.
How do I change Group Policy settings in Windows 10?
Open the Control Panel on the Start Menu. Click the Windows icon on the Toolbar, and then click the widget icon for Settings. Start typing ‘group policy’ or ‘gpedit’ and click the ‘Edit Group Policy’ option.
How do I reset the default Group Policy in Windows 10?
By default, all policies in the Group Policy Editor are set to “Not Configured.” To reset the policy, all you have to do is select the radio button “Not Configured,” then click on the “OK” button to save the changes.
How do I clear the GPO cache in Windows 10?
Clear Group Policy Cache
- Open My Computer/Computer.
- Go to: %windir%system32GroupPolicy.
- Delete everything in the folder.
- Then delete: C:ProgramDataMicrosoftGroup PolicyHistory.
- Restart the computer to re-apply the group policies.
How do I clear all Group Policy to default on my computer?
Reset Computer Configuration settings
- Open Start.
- Search for gpedit. …
- Navigate to the following path: …
- Click the State column header to sort settings and view the ones that are Enabled and Disabled. …
- Double-click one of the policies that you previously modified.
- Select the Not configured option. …
- Click the Apply button.
What happens when you delete a Group Policy?
When you delete a GPO, that particular GPO is permanently removed from Active Directory. To delete a GPO from a site, click Start, Administrative Tool, and click Active Directory Sites And Services.
How do I remove an object from Group Policy?
Delete a Group Policy Object
- In the Group Policy Management Console (GPMC) console tree, double-click Group Policy Objects in the forest and domain containing the Group Policy object (GPO) that you want to delete.
- Right-click the GPO, and then click Delete.
- When prompted to confirm the deletion, click OK.