Press Windows Key and R and you will get the run box. In the run box enter NCPA. CPL, then press enter. You will then see the networks that you can connect to simply right click, select properties and you can modify your networking settings in windows 8.
Where is Internet Options in Windows 8?
Alternatively you can right click on the windows logo (start key) select “Control Panel” Select “Network and Internet” and then select “Internet Options”. Either will work.
How do I fix my Internet connection on Windows 8?
Using the Windows 8 Network and Internet Troubleshooter
- At the Start screen, type Control Panel to open the Search charm, and then select Control Panel in the Search results.
- Click View network status and tasks.
- Click Troubleshoot problems. …
- Click the item that matches the problem you experience:
How do I reset my Internet settings?
Go to Start menu > Settings, then select Network and Internet. In the left navigation pane, select Status to make sure you’re viewing the network status window. Then scroll down until you see the Network Reset link. Click the Network Reset link and review the Network Reset information message.
How do you configure Internet settings?
Android Internet settings
- Tap the Menu button.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Wireless and networks or More… (depending on your version of Android).
- Tap Mobile Networks.
- Tap Access point names.
- Tap the Menu button.
- Tap New APN.
- Enter the following data into the onscreen form, without changing any other settings:
Click the Settings icon in the upper-right corner, or click the Tools menu. Select Internet options from the drop down menu, you can then access Internet Options immediately. Press the Windows key + R to open the Run command box. Type inetcpl.
How do I fix my Internet connection?
Restart your device.
Open your Settings app and tap Network & internet or Connections. Depending on your device, these options may be different. Turn Wi-Fi off and mobile data on, and check if there’s a difference. If not, turn mobile data off and Wi-Fi on and check again.
How do I reset my Internet connection on my laptop?
After your PC restarts, any network adapters are reinstalled, and the settings for them are set to the defaults.
- Select the Start button, then enter settings. Select Settings > Network & internet > Advanced network settings > Network reset. …
- On the Network reset screen, select Reset now > Yes to confirm.
How do I refresh my Internet connection?
- Navigate to the desktop. …
- Right-click the Start button (the Windows logo in the lower-left).
- Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
- When asked whether to allow Command Prompt to make changes to your computer, select Yes. …
- Type “ipconfig /flushdns” and press Enter.
- Type “ipconfig /registerdns” and press Enter.
What happens if I reset my Network settings?
Resetting network settings on an iPhone or Android smartphone will not delete any mobile carrier functionality or account information. The process resets any changes to mobile preferences you may have made since you activated your device.
How do I change my Network Settings manually?
Manually set network settings
- Open the Activities overview and start typing Settings.
- Click on Settings.
- If you plug in to the network with a cable, click Network. …
- Click the. …
- Select the IPv4 or IPv6 tab and change the Method to Manual.
- Type in the IP Address and Gateway, as well as the appropriate Netmask.
How do I find my Internet Network Settings?
You can access it through the Settings menu (Start > Settings > Network & Internet), or you can access it by clicking the network icon in the system tray and clicking Network settings.