How do I wipe my computer Windows 8 without a disk?
After following these steps, you can reset the Windows 8/8.1 system without the installation media:
- Go to PC Settings. The Windows 8 Advanced startup screen in PC settings.
- Click Get started at the Reset your PC section.
How can I install Windows 8 on my laptop without CD drive?
You can use a alternative like USB drive to install software on your laptop computer if it doesn’t have a CD drive. All you’ll need is a flash disc or thumb drive, as well as another computer with a CD drive. Then copy and paste the installer from the computer to your laptop.
How do I fresh install Windows without a disk?
How do I reinstall Windows without a disk?
- Go to “Start” > “Settings” > “Update & Security” > “Recovery”.
- Under “Reset this PC option”, tap “Get Started”.
- Choose “Remove everything” and then choose to “Remove files and clean the drive”.
- Finally, click “Reset” to begin reinstalling Windows 10.
How do I wipe my computer clean Windows 8?
If you’re using Windows 8.1 or 10, wiping your hard drive is easy.
- Select Settings (the gear icon on the Start menu)
- Select Update & security, then Recovery.
- Choose Remove everything, then Remove files and clean the drive.
- Then click Next, Reset, and Continue.
How do I factory reset a Windows 8 computer?
Factory reset Windows 8
Click on “Update & Recovery” and then on “Recovery”. Then select “Get started” under the heading “Remove everything and reinstall Windows”. The operating system will now be automatically reset to its factory settings.
How do I factory reset my computer without a disk?
Restore without installation CD/DVD
- Turn on the computer.
- Press and hold the F8 key.
- At the Advanced Boot Options screen, choose Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
- Press Enter.
- Log in as Administrator.
- When Command Prompt appears, type this command: rstrui.exe.
- Press Enter.
How do I restore my computer without installing Windows or recovery media?
Keep holding down the shift key while clicking Restart. Keep holding down the shift key until the Advanced Recovery Options menu loads. Click Troubleshoot. Next, click Reset this PC.
How do I restore my Windows 8.1 operating system?
How to recover the computer using System Restore in Windows
- Click Start.
- Search for Create a restore point and open System Properties.
- In the System Properties windows, go to the System Protection tab. …
- Click System Restore. …
- Click Next. …
- Select the restore point to revert the changes and fix problems.
How do I install Windows 8 on my HP laptop?
Go to the HP Customer Care Web site (http://www.hp.com/support), select Software and Drivers, and enter your computer model number. Select Windows 8.1 from the menu. Download and install Intel Rapid Storage Technology (version 11.5. 4.1001 or greater) from the Software and Drivers page.
How can I install Windows on my laptop without operating system?
Method 1 On Windows
- Insert the installation disk or flash drive.
- Restart your computer.
- Wait for the computer’s first startup screen to appear.
- Press and hold Del or F2 to enter the BIOS page.
- Locate the “Boot Order” section.
- Select the location from which you want to start your computer.
How do you do a clean Windows install?
How to perform clean install of Windows 10
- Start the PC with Windows 10 USB media.
- On prompt, press any key to boot from the USB flash drive.
- On the “Windows Setup,” click the Next button. …
- Click the Install now button.
How can I reinstall Windows 8?
Press “Win-C” or navigate to the Charms Bar in either the top right or bottom right of your screen. Click on the “Settings” tab, press “Change PC Settings,” and then navigate to “General.” Scroll down the page until you see “Remove Everything and Reinstall Windows.” Click “Get Started.”
How do I reinstall Windows that won’t boot?
Our advice is to start with the easiest fixes and, in order, move to the harder ones.
- Try Windows Safe Mode. …
- Check Your Battery. …
- Unplug All Your USB Devices. …
- Turn Off Fast Boot. …
- Check Your Other BIOS/UEFI Settings. …
- Try a Malware Scan. …
- Boot to Command Prompt Interface. …
- Use System Restore or Startup Repair.