How do I get my sound back on Windows 8?
Move the mouse pointer to the lower left corner of the screen, right-click, and select Control Panel from the menu. Click Hardware and Sound. Under Sound, click Adjust system volume. Make sure the volume is not muted by looking at the square Mute buttons below the volume slider.
How do I get my computer speakers to work again?
How do I fix “no sound” on my computer?
- Check your volume settings. …
- Restart or change your audio device. …
- Install or update audio or speaker drivers. …
- Disable audio enhancements. …
- Update the BIOS.
How do I reset my sound driver Windows 8?
7. Update Sound Driver in Device Manager
- In Device Manager, right-click the sound device name. Select Update Driver Software.
- Click Search automatically for updated driver software. Then Windows will search and install the new driver.
- Restart the PC for the change to take effect.
How do I fix my speakers not working?
Restart the Device. One of the common methods to fix it when your Android speakers are not working is to reboot your device. If there are apps or other utilities causing interference with your phone’s speakers, turning your phone off and then back on should fix most of those issues.
How do I reset my Windows sound settings?
- In the search box on the taskbar, type control panel, then select it from the results.
- Select Hardware and Sound from the Control Panel, and then select Sound.
- On the Playback tab, right-click the listing for your audio device, select Set as Default Device, and then select OK.
How do I reset my Windows sound System?
go to your setting > system > sound > Advance Sounds Options > scroll down bottom you will see Reset click there!
Why is no sound coming out of my speakers?
Check the speaker connections. Examine the wires on the back of your speaker and make sure your speakers are plugged into the proper location. If any of these connections are loose, plug them back in to secure the connection. A loose connection could be the reason you have a speaker with no sound.
Why is sound coming from computer and not speakers?
If your computer has the Windows operating system, make sure the correct playback device is set as the default device for sound output. If the wrong playback device is set as the default device, the sound doesn’t come out of the expected device (i.e., speakers or headphones).
Why can’t I hear anything on my PC?
Check that the speakers are turned on and connected properly
If your computer has external speakers, make sure that they are turned on and that the volume is turned up. Make sure that the speaker cable is securely plugged into the “output” audio socket on your computer.
Why is my audio services not responding?
The most common cause of this error is your audio drivers. If your driver is outdated, damaged, or installed improperly, you may run into some audio issues including the “audio services not responding” error. Windows 10 users also noticed that this error occurs after installing a new Windows Update.
How do you restart audio?
9. Restart Audio Services
- In Windows 10, right-click the Windows icon and select Run. Type services. …
- Scroll down to Windows Audio and double-click to open menu.
- If the service has been stopped for any reason, the system audio will not function correctly. …
- Double-check the service start-up type. …
- Click Apply.
How do I reset my laptop speakers?
To do this, open Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound. Click Playback tab, and right-click Default Device > Properties. Under the Advanced tab, go to Default Format, change the setting and click OK. Test whether the audio device plays any sound.
How do I enable Windows audio Service?
How to Enable Windows Audio
- Open the “Start” menu from your desktop and click “Control Panel.” Select “Administrative Tools” and choose “Services” from the menu.
- Scroll through the list and double-click “Windows Audio.”
- Click the “Start” button to enable Windows Audio.