If you’ve got a Windows 7 or Windows Vista machine, click the Start button and choose Programs–>Programs and Features–>View installed updates. You’ll see a list of your most recent updates. Click the one you want to remove, click Uninstall, then follow the prompts. That should do the trick.
How do I force a Windows update to Uninstall?
Uninstall Windows Updates using Settings
- Open Start menu.
- Click on cog icon to launch Settings page or type Settings.
- Click on Update & security.
- Click on the View Update History.
- Identify the update that you wish to remove.
- Note the KB number of the patch.
- Click on Uninstall updates.
Can’t Uninstall some Windows updates?
> Press Windows key + X key to open Quick Access Menu and then select “Control Panel”. > Click on “Programs” and then click on “View installed updates”. > Then you can select the problematic update and click the Uninstall button.
How do I uninstall a security update?
How to uninstall a Windows 10 update: Uninstall from update history
- Open ‘Settings. …
- Select ‘Update & Security. …
- Click ‘View update history’. …
- Click ‘Uninstall updates’. …
- Select the update you wish to uninstall. …
- (Optional) Note down the updates KB number.
How do I undo an update on my computer?
How to Undo a Windows Update
- Press the Windows key + i to open Settings.
- Choose Update and Security.
- Click the Update History link.
- Click the Uninstall Updates link. …
- Choose the update you want to undo. …
- Click the Uninstall button that appears on the toolbar. …
- Follow the directions provided on the screen.
Can I uninstall old Windows updates?
Ten days after you upgrade to Windows 10, your previous version of Windows will be automatically deleted from your PC. However, if you need to free up disk space, and you’re confident that your files and settings are where you want them to be in Windows 10, you can safely delete it yourself.
How do I uninstall latest Windows update?
You can uninstall an update by going to Settings>Update & security>Windows Update>Advanced option>View your update history>Uninstall update.
How do I rollback to a previous version of Windows?
How to roll back a Windows update
- Open the Windows 10 Settings Menu by clicking the gear icon in the Windows Start menu, or by pressing “Windows+I” keys.
- Click “Update & security”
- Click the “Recovery” tab on the sidebar.
- Under “Go back to the previous version of Windows 10,” click “Get started.”