How do I reset my default programs?
On the Start menu, select Settings > Apps > Default apps. Select which default you want to set, and then choose the app. You can also get new apps in Microsoft Store.
How do I change back to original format in Windows 7?
Restoring Previous Versions of Files and Folders (Windows)
- Right-click the file or folder, and then click Restore previous versions. …
- Before restoring a previous version of a file or folder, select the previous version, and then click Open to view it to make sure it’s the version you want.
How do I restore default files and icons in Windows 7?
In Windows 7: click the Start menu and then choose Control Panel. Set the View by to Small icons and then choose Default Programs. In Windows 10 & Windows 8.1: Right click on the Start menu and then choose Control Panel. Set the View by to Small icons and then choose Default Programs.
How do I reset default apps in Windows?
How to Modify Default Apps / Default Programs by File Type in Settings
- Open Settings. Press the “Start” button, then click the settings cog, above the power button. …
- Click ‘Apps’
- Click ‘Default apps’ in the sidebar, then ‘Choose default apps by file type’ …
- Select a file type and app from the list.
How do I fix corrupted icons Windows 7?
First try: Right-click on the desktop, choose Personalize, then Change desktop icons, and then click on Restore Default, then logout & login (or reboot). Second try : Rename the file IconCache.
What is the default program for Windows 7?
A default program is the program that Windows uses when you open a particular type of file, such as a music file, an image, or a webpage. For example, if you have more than one web browser installed on your computer, you can choose one of them to be the default browser.