How do I Reset my PC to factory settings without a disc?
Restore without installation CD/DVD
- Turn on the computer.
- Press and hold the F8 key.
- At the Advanced Boot Options screen, choose Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
- Press Enter.
- Log in as Administrator.
- When Command Prompt appears, type this command: rstrui.exe.
- Press Enter.
Can I reinstall Windows 10 without CD?
If you want to reinstall Windows 10 without CD drive, you can use USB drive. You can choose to create a recovery drive using built-in tool. But if you want to reset your PC, you should tick back up system files to the recovery drive option. And the USB drive must be at least 16GB in size.
How do I force a factory Reset on Windows 10?
Reset in Windows 10
- Go to the search field in your task bar and type “reset,” which will bring up “Reset this PC” as the best match. Click on that.
- Alternatively, click on the Start key (the Windows icon in the lower left corner). Click on the gear (setup) icon, and go to “Update & Security” > “Recovery.”
How do I completely wipe my PC and start again?
To reset your PC
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings. …
- Tap or click Update and recovery, and then tap or click Recovery.
- Under Remove everything and reinstall Windows, tap or click Get started.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
How do I restore laptop to factory settings?
Reset the laptop
Go to Start > Settings > Update and security > Recovery. At the top of the window, you’ll see Reset this PC. Click on Get Started and select Remove Everything from the box that appears. From there, you can select to reinstall Windows from the local drive or download from the cloud.
How do you wipe a computer?
We’ve updated this with Windows 11 and Android 12 information.
- Open Settings.
- Tap System.
- Tap Reset options.
- Tap Erase all data and follow the on-screen directions.
How do I reinstall Windows 10 without CD?
How do I reinstall Windows without a disk?
- Go to “Start” > “Settings” > “Update & Security” > “Recovery”.
- Under “Reset this PC option”, tap “Get Started”.
- Choose “Remove everything” and then choose to “Remove files and clean the drive”.
- Finally, click “Reset” to begin reinstalling Windows 10.
How do I reinstall Windows 10 preinstalled?
Reinstall Windows 10 in Windows preinstalled Laptop
- Disable Secure Boot.
- Enable Legacy Boot.
- If Available enable CSM.
- If Required enable USB Boot.
- Move the device with the bootable disc to the top of the boot order.
- Save BIOS changes, restart your System and it should boot from the Installation Media.
How do I reinstall Windows 10 after formatting my hard drive?
The simplest way to reinstall Windows 10 is through Windows itself. Click ‘Start > Settings > Update & security > Recovery’ and then choose ‘Get started’ under ‘Reset this PC’. A full reinstall wipes your entire drive, so select ‘Remove everything’ to ensure a clean reinstall is performed.
How do I factory Reset my computer without administrator password?
To factory reset Windows 11 without admin password:
- Turn your PC and wait for the login screen to appear.
- In the bottom right corner, click on the Power options. …
- Press and hold the Shift key on your keyboard and click the Restart button. …
- Your PC will now restart and enter the Windows Recovery Environment.
How do you Reset a Windows computer without logging in?
Resetting Windows 10 laptop, PC, or tablet without logging in is an easy process. Once you reach the login screen, click on the Power icon on the lower righthand corner, hold down the SHIFT key, and then select restart.
How do you wipe a computer clean to sell it Windows 10?
For Windows 10, go to the Start Menu and click on Settings. Then navigate to Update & Security, and find the Recovery menu. Next, select Reset this PC and choose Get Started. Follow the instructions to revert your computer back to when it was first unboxed.