Hold the windows and letter R key on the keyboard. In the run dialog, enter “shell:startup”. In the folder, you can add any application of your choice which you’d want to run at startup. They’ll be added to the list so when you access your Startup Apps, you can disable or enable them.
How do I modify startup programs in Windows 7?
Using Windows 7 System Configuration to prevent automatically starting programs
- Click Start , and type msconfig into the Search box. …
- Click the General tab and make sure Selective startup is selected. …
- Select the Startup tab and remove the checks from any tasks that do not contribute to the system and are unwanted.
How do I add a program to startup manually?
Open Run command box by pressing Windows logo + R keys. In the Run command field, type shell: startup and then press Enter key to open Startup folder. Copy and paste the app shortcut from the desktop to this Startup folder and the app will be added to startup.
How do I choose what programs start on startup?
How to manage startup apps in Windows 7
- Step 1: Click on the Windows Start button, and in the Search Programs text box, type MSConfig. …
- Step 2: Click the tab labeled Startup. …
- Step 3: Go through this list and check the boxes of all of the apps you want to keep. …
- Step 4: Lastly, select Apply and then close the window.
How do I change what loads on startup?
You can change startup programs in Task Manager. To launch it, simultaneously press Ctrl + Shift + Esc. Or, right-click on the taskbar at the bottom of the desktop and choose Task Manager from the menu that appears. Another way in Windows 10 is to right-click the Start Menu icon and choose Task Manager.
Where is the Startup folder in Windows 7?
In Windows 7, the Startup folder is easy to access from the Start menu. When you click the Windows symbol and then “All Programs” you will see a folder called “Startup”. It contains programs that are launched when the system starts, but not the application files themselves.
How do I change my startup programs with CMD?
To do so, open a command prompt window. Type wmic and hit Enter. Next, type startup and hit Enter. You will see the list of programs that start with your Windows.
How do I add Outlook to my startup?
On Windows 10:
- Go to Start.
- Scroll down until you find Outlook.
- Right-click on Outlook.
- Click More then click Go to File Location.
- Copy the shortcut.
- Paste the shortcut into the Startup folder: UsersmeAppDataRoamingMicrosoftWindowsStart MenuProgramsStartup.
- That’s it.
How do I change what programs run at startup Mac?
Go to System Preferences > Users & Groups > Login Items for a list of apps set to launch on startup. To remove a specific app, highlight it and click the minus button under the list. If you prefer, certain apps can be set to launch at startup without necessarily popping up onto the screen.