How do I fix no sound on Windows 10?
How to Fix No Sound Issue on Windows 10
- Check cables and volumes.
- Check your speakers settings.
- Uninstall your audio driver.
- Update your audio driver.
- Disable audio enhancements.
- Restart audio services.
Why does my computer suddenly have no sound?
Restart or change your audio device
The reason there is no sound on your computer could be that it needs a simple restart. Keep trying different audio devices and see which one provides your computer with sound. It may be that Windows 10 is directing audio to the wrong output device.
Why is my sound not working?
You might have the sound muted or turned down low in the app. Check the media volume. If you still don’t hear anything, verify that the media volume isn’t turned down or off: Navigate to Settings.
How can I fix the sound on my computer?
Check the volume.
- Click the Windows Start menu.
- Type “Control Panel”.
- Click Control Panel.
- Click Hardware and Sound.
- Click Adjust System Volume.
- Click the speaker icon to unmute any muted sounds (It will have a red circle with a line next to it).
- Click and drag to raise the slider bar below all system sounds.
How do I fix Realtek on Windows 10?
Fix Realtek Audio Issues with a Rollback
- Find Your Realtek Driver in Device Manager. Open the Device Manager and go to your Sound, Video and Game Controllers. …
- Manually Rollback to Previous Versions. With the driver information up, click the Driver tab at the top of the menu. …
- Restart Your PC Again.
How do I change sound settings on Windows 10?
Use the Windows Start Menu, the Sound Icon, and a Keyboard Shortcut
- To use the Start Menu, navigate to Windows Start Menu > PC Settings > System > Sound.
- To use a keyboard shortcut, press Win + I.
- To use the sound icon, right-click the sound icon on the taskbar and select Open Sound settings.
How do I restart my audio driver Windows 10?
Double-click “Sound, Video and Game Controllers.” Right-click the sound driver and click “Enable” to restart the device.
How do I fix my laptop speakers?
How to Fix Laptop Speakers That Don’t Work
- Make sure your sound isn’t muted. …
- Try a set of headphones. …
- Make sure the audio sensor isn’t stuck. …
- Check your playback device. …
- Run the sound troubleshooter. …
- Try disabling audio enhancements. …
- Check for audio driver updates. …
- Try editing your registry.