How do I install an INF file in Windows 7?
Here’s what you need to do:
- Press Windows key + R to open up a Run dialog box. …
- Once you get into the elevated Command Prompt, insert the following command and press Enter to install the INF file through the command line: C:> rundll32 syssetup,SetupInfObjectInstallAction DefaultInstall 128 .<file>.inf.
Where is the INF file in Windows 7?
A Setup Information file (an INF file) is a plain-text file used by Windows for the installation of software and drivers. Windows 7 saves local copies of all drivers that you install in a folder called FileRepository. The full path is C:WindowsSystem32DriverStoreFileRepository.
What is Windows inf folder?
In computing, an INF file or Setup Information file is a plain-text file used by Microsoft Windows for the installation of software and drivers. INF files are most commonly used for installing device drivers for hardware components. … The windowsinf directory contains several such .
What is inf driver?
A setup information (INF) file is a text file in a driver package that contains all of the information that device installation components use to install a driver package on a device. Windows uses INF files to install the following components for a device: One or more drivers that support the device.
How do I open an inf file?
inf file, you can:
- right-click and select “Open” and it should open in Notepad.
- Open an empty Notepad window and drag’n’drop the *. inf file into the Notepad window.
- Open an empty Notepad window, click File > Open. select “All files (*)” from the drop-down list, browse to the *. inf file, and click Open.
How do I use INF files?
How to manually install a Driver using a . INF File
- Open the Device Manager and click to update drivers for a device.
- Select to locate the drivers locally on your PC.
- Browse among your folders.
- Open and install the . inf file.
- Alternatively, right-click the INF file name and select Install from the context menu.
How do I run an INF file in Windows?
- In Windows Explorer, select and hold (or right-click) the INF file name. A shortcut menu will appear.
- Select Install.
Do drivers need inf?
Unless you are installing an operating system, you don’t need to install the Intel® Chipset Software Installation Utility. If you install the Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility after an operating system installation, only the INF files needed to recognize the product names in Device Manager will be installed.
Where are INF files located?
The inf file is stored in the [Driver] folder in the folder of the driver you have acquired.
Where can I find OEM inf?
Right click on Start, and choose Explore. Go to the WINNTINF directory. Look for files called OEM*. INF.
Where is USB inf?
USB. inf should be in windowsinf (%systemroot%inf actually).
What is input inf?
Input. inf, also known as a Setup Information file, was created by Microsoft for the development of Microsoft Office Access 2010 14. INF files fall under under the Driver (Setup Information) file type category.