How do I recreate a Windows 10 profile?
Fix a corrupted user profile in Windows
- Open Microsoft Management Console by selecting Start , typing mmc into the search box, and then pressing Enter. …
- In the left pane of Microsoft Management Console, select Local Users and Groups. …
- Select the Users folder.
- Select the Action menu, and then select New User.
How do I fix a corrupted profile in Windows 10?
To fix corrupt user profile in Windows 10/8/7:
- Create a new user profile.
- Repair with Windows Registry.
- Run DISM and SFC commands.
- Repair user data in the folder.
- Install the latest updates.
How do I reset local user profile?
Open Control Panel, and then select System. Click the Advanced tab, and in the User Profiles area, click Settings. In the Profiles stored on this computer list, select the appropriate user profile, and then click Delete. When you are prompted, click Yes.
How do I delete and recreate Windows 10 profile?
In the System properties dialog box, under the User profile section, click on Settings button. In the User profiles window, select the user profile you want to delete and click Delete button. Confirm the request by clicking on Yes option and your profile will be deleted.
How do I create a new user profile?
Create a user account in Windows
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings. …
- Tap or click Accounts, and then tap or click Other accounts.
- Tap or click Add an account.
- Enter the account info for this person to sign in to Windows.
How do I recreate a Windows profile in the registry?
Option 1: Registry setting restore
- Use registry editor: Click start, type “regedit” in the search box, you should see “regedit.exe”, click it to run.
- Locate the right key: In Registry Editor, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionProfileList.
- Backup the ProfileList: …
- Fix the registry:
How do I reset my computer profile?
In the Active Directory Users and Computers MMC (DSA), you can right-click the computer object in the Computers or appropriate container and then click Reset Account. This resets the machine account.