Can Internet Explorer be uninstalled?
Select Start > Settings. Select Apps. Select Optional features. In the list of installed features, find Internet Explorer 11, select it, and then select Uninstall.
Why can’t I delete Internet Explorer from my computer?
However, there is no safe method to remove Internet Explorer. This is because it’s really more than just a browser. It works as an underlying technology for a number of internal processes including updating the operating system and apps, basic Windows functions, and more.
Can I delete Internet Explorer folder?
I would like to inform you that this folder cannot be and should not be deleted. This folder will have the older version of Internet Explorer 8 or 7 and cannot be deleted.
How do I Uninstall Internet Explorer?
How to Uninstall Internet Explorer via Programs and Features
- Open Settings. …
- Enter app settings. …
- Open Programs and Features. …
- Click “Turn Windows features on or off”
- Untick “Internet Explorer 11” …
- Confirm your choice. …
- Uninstall Internet Explorer. …
- Restart your PC so Windows 10 can fully remove Internet Explorer.
How do you disable Internet Explorer?
How to Completely Disable Internet Explorer in Windows 10
- Right click the Start icon and select Control Panel.
- Click Programs.
- Choose Programs & Features.
- In the left sidebar, select Turn Windows features on or off.
- Uncheck the box next to Internet Explorer 11.
- Select Yes from the pop-up dialogue.
- Press OK.
What would happen if I uninstall Internet Explorer?
All the links leading to Internet Explorer are removed from Windows. This means you won’t find any shortcut for it and there is no way for you to run Internet Explorer. If no other web browser is installed on your system and you try to open a URL web address nothing will happen.
Is Internet Explorer still supported?
Microsoft is finally retiring Internet Explorer next year, after more than 25 years. The aging web browser has largely been unused by most consumers for years, but Microsoft is putting the final nail in the Internet Explorer coffin on June 15th, 2022, by retiring it in favor of Microsoft Edge.
How do I disable Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration?
- Open the Server Manager (Start > Server Manager).
- In the Security Information section, click Configure IE ESC.
- In the Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration window, disable the IE ESC for Administrators and Users, and click OK.
How do I disable Internet Explorer in Group Policy?
How to Disable Internet Explorer 11 using Group Policy
- Launch the Group Policy Management console. …
- Go to Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Internet Explorer.
- Double-click Disable Internet Explorer 11 as a standalone browser.
- Select Enabled. …
- Click OK to save the group policy.