Since the codebase is common, Windows Server 2008 inherits most of the technical, security, management and administrative features new to Windows Vista such as the rewritten networking stack (native IPv6, native wireless, speed and security improvements); improved image-based installation, deployment and recovery; …
What are the new setup technologies and management tools in Windows Server 2008 R2?
Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services (AD LDS) enhancements:
- Multimaster replication.
- Support for the Active Directory Service Interfaces (ADSI) application programming interface (API)
- Application directory partitions.
- LDAP over Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)
What are the different editions of Windows Server 2008?
The main versions of Windows 2008 include Windows Server 2008, Standard Edition; Windows Server 2008, Enterprise Edition; Windows Server 2008, Datacenter Edition; Windows Web Server 2008; and Windows 2008 Server Core.
What is the importance of Windows Server 2008?
Windows Server 2008 also functions as may types of server. It may be used for a file server, to store company files and data. It may also be used as a Web server which would host websites for one or many individuals (or companies).
WHAT IS roles and features in Windows 2008?
A role is a primary duty that a server performs. For example, you typically would point at a server and say “that’s my domain controller (DC) and DNS server.” A feature is something that helps a server perform its primary duty (Windows Backup, network load balancing).
What are the features of Windows Server 2012?
14 Features Of Windows Server 2012
- Freedom To Choose The Interface. …
- Server Manager. …
- Server Message Block, Version 3.0. …
- Dynamic Access Control. …
- Powershell Management Is Omnipresent. …
- The Server Core Forms The Default Server Environment. …
- The NIC Teaming Has Been Incorporated. …
- Not Oriented Toward Single Server.
What is R2 in server?
Windows Server 2008 R2 is a server operating system developed by Microsoft, which builds on the enhancements built into Windows Server 2008. The operating system (OS), which is highly integrated with the client edition of Windows 7, offers improvements in scalability and availability, as well as power consumption.
What is the difference between Windows Server 2008 and 2008 SP and 2008 R2?
Server 2008 with SP2 is the same bits as Vista with SP2. It is available in both 32 and 64 bit versions. Server 2008 R2 is the same bits as Windows 7 x64. It only comes in the 64 bit versions.
Which of the following Windows Server 2008 editions supports the Hot Add Processor feature?
Hot Add Memory and Hot Add vCPU specifications are supported on different editions of Windows Server 2008 R2, which is consistent with the support of Microsoft for these technical specifications.
What is main function of Windows Server?
Microsoft Windows Server OS (operating system) is a series of enterprise-class server operating systems designed to share services with multiple users and provide extensive administrative control of data storage, applications and corporate networks.
What are the system requirements for Windows Server 2008?
Minimum: 1 GHz (for x86 processors) or 1.4 GHz (for x64 processors) Recommended: 2 GHz or faster.
- Minimum: 512 MB.
- Recommended: 2 GB or more.
- Maximum (32-bit systems): 4 GB (for Windows Server 2008 Standard) or 64 GB (for Windows Server 2008 Enterprise or Windows Server 2008 Datacenter)
What are the step by steps procedure of installing Windows Server 2008?
Install Windows Server 2008 Using Local or Remote Media
- Ensure that the installation media is available to boot. …
- Reset the power on the server. …
- In the BIOS screen, press F8. …
- In the Boot Device dialog, select the menu item according to the Windows media installation method you elected to use and press Enter.
What are server roles and features?
A server role is a set of software programs that, when they are installed and properly configured, lets a computer perform a specific function for multiple users or other computers within a network.
What are the features of server?
Some of the key features of a server operating system include:
- Ability to access the server both in GUI and command-level interface.
- Execute all or most processes from OS commands.
- Advanced-level hardware, software and network configuration services.
- Install/deploy business applications and/or web applications.
Which of the following is a server role for Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2008 R2?
Explanation: Windows Deployment Services is a server role for Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2008 R2. It allows a user to press the F12 key, log on, and select an image for installation. After that, the installation can be automated.