On the right side, scroll down and click the “Desktop icon settings” link. If you’re using Windows 7 or 8, clicking “Personalize” opens the Personalization Control Panel screen. At the upper left of the window, click the “Change desktop icons” link.
Where did my icons go Windows 7?
Solution 1 – Enable “Show Desktop Icons” option
Then click on “View” and then go to “show Desktop Icons” and click on it to make it checked. Your desktop icons will start appearing again.
Why did my icons disappear on Windows 7 desktop?
On your Windows 7 PC, shortcuts that you create on the desktop may be missing. This can happen if the the System Maintenance troubleshooter detects the shortcuts as broken. The System Maintenance troubleshooter performs a weekly maintenance of the operating system.
How do I get back my desktop icons?
Steps to fix missing or disappeared desktop icons
- Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
- Click on the “View” option from the context menu to expand the options.
- Make sure that “Show desktop icons” is ticked. …
- You should immediately see your icons reappear.
How do I restore my icons in Windows 7?
- Right-click on the desktop and select “Screen Resolution”
- Under “Advanced Settings” select “Monitor” tab. …
- Click “Ok” and and the icons should restore themselves.
- Once the icons appear, you can repeat the steps 1-3 and revert back to whatever value you’ve had initially.
Where did my icons go?
Your device may have a launcher that can set apps to be hidden. Usually, you bring up the app launcher, then select “Menu” ( or ). From there, you might be able to unhide apps. The options will vary depending on your device or launcher app.
Why are my desktop icons not showing up?
Make sure you have enabled the “Show desktop icon” feature on Windows 10: Right-click your desktop, click View, and check Show desktop icons. Check to see if your desktop icons are back.
How do I fix my icons on Windows 7?
First try: Right-click on the desktop, choose Personalize, then Change desktop icons, and then click on Restore Default, then logout & login (or reboot). Second try : Rename the file IconCache.