By default, the Recycle Bin should be present in the upper-left corner of your desktop in both Windows 10 and Windows 11. We find this the easiest way to access the Recycle Bin. Find the icon on your desktop, then either select it and press Enter on your keyboard, or double-click or double-tap on it to open the folder.
What is the difference between My Documents and documents?
My Documents is the commonly recognized name of a special folder in Microsoft Windows (starting with Windows Vista, it is called Documents only, and the actual name of the folder might be different when the language of the installed copy of Windows is not English).
Why do I have two OneDrive folders?
The problem basically occurs because of the Windows upgrade and drive name. … Since the SkyDrive and OneDrive names are different, your system treats them differently and hence the 2 separate folders. This also is the reason for different data because some apps might still be set to store data in the older folder.
Why do I have two downloads folders?
The Downloads folder you see under iCloud Drive pertains specifically to documents and files you download and access from iCloud Drive. The other Downloads folder is for everything else you download from the internet.
What is the documents folder in Windows 10?
The My Documents folder is a component of the user profile that is used as a unified location for storing personal data. By default, the My Documents folder is a folder in the user’s profile that is used as a default storage location for saved documents.
What is the equivalent of My Documents in Windows 10?
Open File Explorer (earlier called as Windows Explorer) by clicking on the Folder looking icon on the Taskbar. Under Quick access on the left side, there must be a folder with name Documents. Click on it, and it will show all the documents you earlier had or have saved recently.
How do I get My Documents folder back on my desktop?
- Click Start, point to Programs, and then click Windows Explorer.
- Locate the My Documents folder.
- Right-click the My Documents folder, and then click Add Item to the Desktop.
How do I get rid of extra OneDrive?
To remove a OneDrive account from your computer
- Select the OneDrive cloud icon in the Windows taskbar or Mac menu bar.
- Select Help & Settings.
- In Settings, select Account, and then select Unlink this PC.
How do I remove duplicates from OneDrive?
Duplicate files in OneDrive
- Select Start, type “credentials,” and then select Credentials Manager.
- Select the Windows Credentials tab.
- Under Generic Credentials, look for any entries containing “OneDrive Cached Credentials” and remove them.
- Restart OneDrive.
How do I get rid of second OneDrive in Explorer?
2. How do I unlink OneDrive from File Explorer?
- Right-click the OneDrive icon present in the system tray > Settings > Account.
- Click Unlink this PC > confirm the action by clicking Unlink account.
Why do I have 2 downloads on my phone?
Two apps. Made by same company. … It’s preloaded on most Android phones and its use case is pretty much the same as rebranded Files Go app. If you happen to download the new Files by Google app, you will see two applications on your home screen that are both called Files, and that’s pretty confusing.
How do I change the default My Documents folder in Windows 10?
- Click the [Windows] button > choose “File Explorer.”
- From the left side panel, right-click “Documents” > choose “Properties.”
- Under the “Location” tab > type “H:Docs”
- Click [Apply] > Click [No] when prompted to automatically move all files to the new location > Click [OK].
Where is Documents and Settings Windows 10?
In Windows 10, no ‘C:Documents and Settings’ folder anymore. You may find that folder’s contents in ‘C:UsersYourUserIDAppDataLocal’ folder in Windows 10.
How do I access Documents and settings in Windows 10?
Browsing to the Documents folder in Windows Explorer
Open My Computer. Double-click the C: drive. In the C: drive, double-click the Documents and Settings folder. In Documents and Settings, double-click the folder for the users My Documents you want to see.