When you encounter this error, Windows 10/11 will boot again and again into Startup Repair and present an endless loop, so that you cannot access anything else on the computer. Startup Repair is supposed to help you to fix some issues, but it will not always work.
What do I do if Windows Startup Repair doesn’t work?
You can follow these steps to do so:
- Restart your computer by clicking the Start, clicking the arrow next to the Shut Down, and then clicking Restart.
- Press and hold the F8 key as your computer restarts. …
- On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight Repair your computer, and then press Enter.
What can I do if automatic repair fails Windows 10?
Click on “Advanced options” in the automatic repair blue screen. Navigate to “Troubleshoot” > “Advanced Options” > “System Restore” Choose the restore point created right before the blue screen appeared (Windows 10 creates a system restore point each time it installs an update, driver, or app) Click “Next”
How do I fix startup repair couldn’t repair my computer?
How to fix Automatic Startup Repair couldn’t repair your PC
- Rebuild BCD & Repair MBR.
- Run chkdsk.
- Run SFC and Use DISM Tool in Safe Mode.
- Disable Early launch anti-malware protection.
- Disable Automatic Startup Repair.
- Restore registry from RegBack directory.
- Reset This PC.
How do I bypass startup repair?
Fix #2: Disable Automatic Restart
- Restart your computer.
- Wait for your BIOS to complete POST (the screen with your manufacturer logo and/or system information)
- Quickly begin tapping F8 repeatedly, until you see the list of boot options.
- Choose “Disable automatic restart on system failure”
How long does Windows Startup Repair usually take?
Startup Repair in Windows 7 should take between 15 and 45 minutes. If it takes longer, something is wrong. Why does it take so long? It could be for two reasons: it is either stuck or your Windows simply can’t fix the problem.
How do I repair Windows 10 without a disk?
Restore without an installation CD:
- Go to “Start” > “Settings” > “Update & Security” > “Recovery”.
- Under “Reset this PC option”, tap “Get Started”.
- Choose “Remove everything” and then choose to “Remove files and clean the drive”.
- Finally, click “Reset” to begin reinstalling Windows 10.
Will Startup Repair delete my files?
Windows Startup Repair will not delete any of your files and it perform action on system files only.
How long will Windows 10 attempting repairs take?
2. Click Startup Repair. Windows will take anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes to attempt to fix the problem.
Can’t boot Win 10 Safe Mode?
Using the Shift+ Restart combination when you can’t enter Safe Mode:
- Open the ‘Start’ menu and click or tap on the ‘Power’ button.
- Keeping the Shift key pressed, click on Restart.
- One can also use the Shift+ Restart combination from the ‘Sign In’ screen.
- Windows 10/11 would then reboot, asking you to select an option.
What causes SrtTrail TXT error?
StrTrail. txt is a log file that Windows generates when it cannot boot, and more commonly occurs when trying to access Automatic Repair. Srttrail. txt in Windows 10 may be caused by incompatible hardware, overloading the power supply, damaged software, etc.
How do I run Windows Startup Repair?
Method 1: Startup Repair tool
- Start the system to the installation media for the installed version of Windows. …
- On the Install Windows screen, select Next > Repair your computer.
- On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot.
- On the Advanced options screen, select Startup Repair.
What critical process died?
What is Critical Process Died? Critical Process Died blue screen of death, with the error code 0x000000EF, means that a critical system process is your computer died. The process can be so critical that it could damage your hard disk, your memory or, even very rare, your processor.
Why does Startup Repair happen?
Startup Repair is one of the recovery tools in the System Recovery Options menu. It allows you to fix certain system problems that might prevent Windows 7 from booting successfully. This utility is designed to fix only certain problems such as missing or damaged system files used to load the operating system.
Can I restart during startup repair?
If something is broken, then this cannot fix the problem but it will give you more information about how this problem is caused. If you can see the Advanced Boot Options during the Startup Repair loop, you can simply select the option “Disable automatic restart on system failure” and then wait for your PC to reboot.
Does Windows Startup Repair work?
Yeah – it is pretty useless and rarely seems to work. In my experience, most cases needing a startup repair are due to screwed up boot files. I use the ‘fix windows boot problems’ option in a Macrium Reflect winpe drive and that works far more often than the start-up repair.